Widowed Friends Group, Northern Ireland

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 124 replies
  • 25 subscribers
Hello All. I wonder if I might tell you about a Friendship Group Meeting for Widows/Widowers that we are planning to hold in Belfast on Saturday 14th September. This is simply a group for men and women who have lost their husband, wife or partner and would like to meet together with other people in the same position. We are "testing the waters" to see if people are interested or think there is a need for a group like this. If you would like more information, please check out the contact details on our website - www.wfni.co.uk, get in touch with us and we will provide further details. Thank you all, best wishes, Lorna xx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Jennifer. I’m Dolores. My husband passed away 40 weeks today. I would be very interested in your Sunday lunch. Have you anymore details on this?

• FormerMember

Hi Dolores, The Sunday lunch group meet 1 Sunday a month in different restaurants.There are above 20 of us in the group not all of us go for the lunch as we might have something else on. We usually meet for 1pm lunch and usually are there for a couple of hrs . If you are interested you can get back to me and I will add yo as a friend Jennifer 

• Hello Everyone.

I lost my husband to cancer almost a year ago and feel that I would like to make some new acquaintances if  can.  I would be interested in learning more about the Macmillan Community and what if any, get togethers are in the pipeline.

Thank you, Barbara

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi just wondering if Widowed Friends in Northern Ireland is still going? The website isn’t working and would love to know the details? 
    Best

jenny 

• FormerMember

Hi Jenny, Their is a group off us meet once a month for Sunday lunch but at present we haven’t been meeting due to COVID. I would say we will start up again once everything gets back to normal. The group is a mixed group  and there is about 20 off us not everyone is able to go on that particular Sunday as  we may have something else on .Way up is a good site  for people who are widowed you can get help their .Usually the Sunday lunch is put on that site under events when it is going to happen. 
                Jennifer

• Is there a similar group still going on now or planned after covid 

• Is this in Belfast sounds Thumbsup 

• Hi i lost my husband a year ago next week and would luv to meet up in a group 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kikko

Hi Kikko, These lunches happens in different places Belfast Hillsborough .Some off the group get the train from Belfast .We have members of the group from Londonderry area.Now lockdown is beginning to slowly open I could meet you for coffee if you would like.

Jennifer

• Yes that would be luvly are u in Belfast or where is handy for you