What Were They Really Thinking and Feeling?

• 103 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Oh my. We and I could drive ourselves mad with all the thoughts that go through our minds!

My latest, all of a sudden, is what was my wife really thinking and feeling throughout what ended up being the last twelve months?

The positivity of treatment and then it not quite working. The endless tiredness and pain when even going for the shortest of walks. The eating almost nothing whilst trying to continue. The continued attempt to keep ME positive about what 'we' were going through! It just makes me wonder what was she keeping from me!? 

Anyone else have these thoughts?

WDJ

• Hi Jayne 64

Well said

so so crap……and like you so not coping and like you no one can ‘fix’ it /us

No word or words in the dictionary to describe this totally awful pain we’ve all got

permanently feel sick permanently feel alone house permanently silent life now permanently has no meaning 

’ Us’ permanently bereft 

bigs hugs

xx

• I don't like being beaten by anything I love a challenge but I think iv met my match I really can't come to terms with this its just so messed up,I'll try again tomorrow think I know how it will go,just waiting for that light bulb moment.

You take care be brave like we have a choice x

• Hi Jayne 64

Exactly

my bereavement councillor said to ne

yesterday was shite 

tomorrows going to be shite

why should today be any different 

Agree totally

xx

PS will we ever ‘get’ that light bulb moment

think I know your answer!

xx

• When I joined this forum 12 months ago I was shocked to read posts from people who had been on here for 1/2 year's and I foolishly thought no way surly you should be ok by now how wrong I was I'm one of these heartbroken lost people now,I would love to blame someone for how i feel but its just life,no ones to blame no where to vent our pain and anger just bad luck.

• Bess,

I think you sum it up perfectly. It's just shite.

So many of us, and more to come unfortunately, have had our dearest taken away from us by this horrid disease. Yes it's part of life but my what is it all about?

I've said it before: we work hard, try to save, pay into pensions... And for what? I'm beginning to think those who just spend, spend, spend have perhaps got it right! I say that knowing however that we still wouldn't have done that.

Another day of keeping going beckons.

Take care everyone,

WDJ

• To everyone hello 

This thread has been quite something hasn't it? How we feel, even after a year, two years... Forever probably we are going to feel it. The pain, the loneliness and just getting through each b....y day. I have no answers, I just try to get on with things, but the loss of Barry is becoming worse I think now. 

Going to a group counselling thing today. Not looking forward to it. Never thought I would even be going to something like this? 

Lots of love and a huge hug to get through the day.

Fifinet 
    As Voltaire, the French writer said " I am going to be happy because it is good for my health "
  • Hi WDJ

you said it work hard etc etc and for what

when Paul was diagnosed I said why us

he said why not ….. got to be someone

so had a shite day here…….

all I’m doing like you all is trying to survive and exist 

why?

xx

• Why Bess?

Just now, it's all part of what we're going through but we can do it. We'll do it for them. That's my motivation.

Yes I need to keep going, want to keep going and many a time it makes me feel sad. Driving the car is getting to me a little at the moment, not having those chats and occasionally having a quick wee hold of hands when safe to do so.

If I gave up and just stayed at home I know of one person who would be extremely angry with me. And I don't want to make her angry with me.

I'm currently away again for a few days and just know that as soon as I go back in through that door I'm going to fall apart for a few minutes.

Take care,

WDJ

• I am joining now. . It's 4 weeks since my husband died, aged 65, we were 32 years together. He was ill 19 months and skipped talking about the big issues, he never looked up his diagnosis, but had been very downhill since March when he lost movement in his right arm and then latterly the leg, taking loads of cortisone and other medication which made him agitated, sad and cross and difficult to comfort. Now he's gone I can remember all the good times, be amazed how handsome he was when younger, and just pile thoughts of regrets. And all the things you are saying about missing your life partners I wasn't looking for a new adventure to be single or doing new things, and content just with a quiet life with my husband. I am working which is a distraction, from home. 

I heard from a widow friend that widowhood is just terrible, but you just get on with things  

• Hi

widowhood is shite!

xx