What Were They Really Thinking and Feeling?

• 103 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Oh my. We and I could drive ourselves mad with all the thoughts that go through our minds!

My latest, all of a sudden, is what was my wife really thinking and feeling throughout what ended up being the last twelve months?

The positivity of treatment and then it not quite working. The endless tiredness and pain when even going for the shortest of walks. The eating almost nothing whilst trying to continue. The continued attempt to keep ME positive about what 'we' were going through! It just makes me wonder what was she keeping from me!? 

Anyone else have these thoughts?

WDJ

• Hi. I hope you’re feeling ok (Covid wise) I got it earlier this year and found it so scary knowing that I was on my own and if anything happened to me no one would know. I was quite ill with it and had to call 111 at one point as I couldn’t get a breath - trying to talk to them when I couldn’t breathe was awful - normally Dave would’ve been there to make sure I was ok but not anymore. 
    I also lost my sense of smell for a while and was devastated one day when I couldn’t smell Daves aftershave (I spray it on a pillow sometimes) Luckily after a few weeks I could smell it again. 
    Take care x 

• Hi
    We too didn’t didn’t have any grand plans. We just wanted to grow old together, watching our  grandchildren grow up and going walking with the odd holiday in The Lakes thrown in. Just a simple life but a happy one. Now all that has gone. 

• hi Jillybean, now negative but still have cough and sore throat but do feel much better thanks.

Glenis 

• Wow your all very quiet hoping that's a good thing we did all have a good rant lately?

• Some days it feels too exhausting to share. There are mornings that I feel paralyzed.

• Good morning all, starting the week. Now 5 weeks exactly since Juan Luis died. Off to do some widow paperwork. 

It doesn't sink in he is not around and I share all your feelings . Just not having your life partner around to share the moments in the day. My daughter said he told her he didn't want to be a burden on me. I was happy to do all I could but sad this was one obstacle I couldn't give him comfort for or rescue him from. 

It seems we also share great memories of our partners, and were lucky to be loved by them and had family and experiences together. That's a great life achievement and a privilege we probably didn't value at the time but now do as something so precious and all embracing.

Can we try to lift our spirits by making our partners proud of us, and remembering the good times we shared ?

One step at a time. 

Lots of love to allxxxx

• Widowhood - even that word turns my tummy over!
    I only married my lovely big man,Andy just 18 days before he passed away. I was the proudest woman on this planet to say my husband! 
    I can’t see a future, I don’t want to just get on with it, I have a massive hole, my heart is broken and just drips pain into my soul as I lost my missing jigsaw

i’m only just 4 weeks from losing my new husband, I’m stuck and the pain is immense, like nothing I have experienced in my life.Sunday is his 54th birthday and I have no idea how I’m to get through it. We have no family, we were our own little, happy together island- nothing else mattered.

stuck, heartbroken and no idea how I put one foot in front of the other right now 

xx

• Morning Claireh

im with you everything you say …..

yes even the word widow sends shivers

like you there was only Paul and I like you said so well our own little island

and like you I’m drowning

15 weeks gone sunday

my birthday was 24th October it was just shit….feel for you getting through you ‘day’

Always here for you to share your heartache pain the lot I’m feeling exactly the same

lolxx

• Tellin.    It's only been 16 weeks since the love of my life took his last breath.  In our relationship I really do feel that we both were realists, but I was the one that talked about what was happening more than John.  Please do not keep beating yourself over the things you THINK you should have done or said.  Please remember the things you DID say and do.  The good and the bad.  We all know that life has to go on and well done for getting through all of those horrible days.  You will never forget your Lynne, her memories will be with you forever and just keep talking about her, remembering how brave she was and most of all how much she loved you.  I know it's a cliche, but I am sure she would want you to live the best life you can in her memory.   

Hugs to you 

• Thankyou Nannyj for kind words I know they would want us to have a good life we would the same, as much as I try I just don't seem to be interested in anything, to be honest at 65 and living a different and solitary life I think if this is how it's to be so be it ,I'm ok with that because not having Lynne to share life with everything seems joyless, so I will do what I have to do every day  and if I do get some joy out of one day I'll take that and press on to the next let's hope everyone on here does get some joy in the future as unlikely as it may seem now ,best wishes  x