Bad day

• 32 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Does anyone else have days that they just fail, and cry over everything? Today was one of those. Things were complicated for us in that we were also badly injured in a major accident many years ago. That had lasting repercussions for us. Looking back at photos there is before and after. I feel I am double grieving. 

And the pandemic means far too much time alone. I try to keep really busy and really I have done so many bits of diy stuff over the past weeks. But we do have to stop sometimes. And probably the death of the Prince Philip added to it.

xx

• I’m no so much having a bad day just a few days of incidents such as the stair lift not working and some mortar falling off the roof. Yesterday for no reason the fire alarm went off and even though I took the battery out it wouldn’t stop. After I hit it with a hammer to release it from the ceiling I realised it was an electric alarm so I turned it off at the mains. 
    My beloved hubby passed away 8weeks ago and he was a fire officer as was my late father. I think they are together somewhere testing me the little scamps!!!! 

• Oh those incidents! At the weekend, I noticed that one of the kitchen lights was hanging off the ceiling- not dangerous but clearly not right. I had a look and have to confess felt it was out of my skill set to sort it out, so I went round to the wonderful neighbours to see if they could help or whether I needed an electrician. Bless him, he came and sorted it out with some new screws and it’s now fine! We have no idea how it can have happened but a dear friend reckons that Chris was testing me to see what I’d do- he didn’t put me in any danger, but just wanted to know that I knew when to ask for help- something I have always found hard to do. And yes, a robin appeared in the garden shortly after! 
    Will6- I reckon we’ve both passed that test xx

• Thank you Jane, and I send those hugs back in you direction as we need them more than ever.

Ian xx

• Hi MyPineapple,

We do have to try, as we all need to somehow find away to live a life again for our soulmates as much as ourselves as this is what they’d want for us more than anything else.

I do hope we all find peace one day, Ian x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tivvy,

My turn today for a bad one.  I first met my wife to be, trapped and critically injured in a car crash 26 years ago by chance whilst driving down a country lane.  I thought she was dead, blood oozing from gaping wounds, god what dreadful images still haunts me what I saw.  Ambulance came took her to hospital.   It turns out Lynn suffered some brain damage and was in intensive care for weeks.  A year later she was well enough to write me a thank you letter saying how thankful she was for me that awful night.   I just wanted this lady to live and thankfully she did.

we dated after this, yeah and we married had 2 children but I was always Lynn’s carer as the accident left her with mild brain damage.  But I love her so much.

The car accident was fate I met the love of my life through it.  

But cancer took her.  I will never find someone else no one could ever replace her.  

• Oh my goodness Jebel. What a journey! X

• Jebel that is an amazing life story. A wonderful love. My hugs to you today. Every day is a battle, isn’t it? I really hope that tomorrow is a little better for you. Xx

(I am trying to fill every moment to try and get rid of the feeling. Some days I half succeed. Many days not. I am not sure how else to handle this. I have a sort of anxiety to keep busy.)

• Oh Jebel, what a remarkable story of your life and love. I hope tomorrow is less bad for you. 
    Sending hugs 

Jane

xx

• Hi Jebel,

What an incredible and amazing love story.

Myself and wife lived our lives with a motto which was “If its meant to be then it’s meant to be” and fate has played a massive part in your lives too by the sounds of it.

During the year that Lynn was in hospital and recuperating after the accident, did you ever wonder about the woman you saved and did you ever think you’d see her again?

Your grief is understandable and like you I think it is unimaginable that I will ever be able to replace my beloved either. I just simply miss her so much that like so many of the lovely souls on this forum our hearts have been genuinely broken, and I just hope that one day the pain subsides enough to allow us to “live a life” not a normal one, as it will never be that again but just quite simply ‘a life’ that our loved ones would want us to live and out of respect and love for them we must try.

I send you a virtual hug and hope you’re feeling a little stronger tomorrow.

I do hope we all find peace one day, Ian x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Jonta

Hi Ian,

To answer your question, I did wonder frequently over the 12 months how she was until that thank you letter arrived. It had her address on it, so I set off knocked on her door.  The woman who answered instantly bowled me over, her scars did not matter she was gorgeous.      My caring duties started from the moment we met, and never stopped until my lovely took her last breath from cancer.