Bad day

• 32 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Does anyone else have days that they just fail, and cry over everything? Today was one of those. Things were complicated for us in that we were also badly injured in a major accident many years ago. That had lasting repercussions for us. Looking back at photos there is before and after. I feel I am double grieving. 

And the pandemic means far too much time alone. I try to keep really busy and really I have done so many bits of diy stuff over the past weeks. But we do have to stop sometimes. And probably the death of the Prince Philip added to it.

xx

• Hi Tivvy,

Sorry of quick message, but just wanted to say you not alone I have cried over and over since the death of Prince Philip was announced, not sure why, think it could have been the death of anybody. I realise how fragile I am. I not sleeping very well which always makes everything feel like the end of the world.

Love 

Donna

• Oh yes, definitely have days like that. Sometimes it will be things that relate specifically to us- photos, particular song. On other days it will be something completely random or just the fact that he’s not here to tell about something I’ve seen or heard or read. 
    Like ChilliChilli says too- if I’ve not slept well, which happens quite a lot, I don’t cope brilliantly either.

So try to be kind to yourself, take each day as it comes. 
    Sending virtual hugs

Jane

xx

• Thank you Donna! It is daft isn’t it? The things that trip us up. I got engrossed in Line of Duty tonight and that helped turn my brain off. Xx

• Thank you Jane. I suppose there are more good days now but then I just get tripped up by a bad day. I found and printed a photo of my husband grinning from ear to ear. It just made me grin. And I did realise he would not want me sitting here gurning so that made me buck up my ideas a bit. I am aiming for a better week! 

• Hello again Tivvy.

Your comments about the photo made me smile. We had a thing, not quite a tradition, of taking a photo of Chris whenever we ate out. We’d send them to our youngest son in the States, who always said that his dad looked amused on these photos. It meant I had quite a lot of pictures of him eating in different situations and venues so in the end I chose my favourites and got them printed on to a canvas which now hangs in the bedroom. It makes me smile every time I look at it. (And now you’re thinking I’m completely bonkers!) 

I hope you have a better week. 
    Jane

x

• Hi Tivvy,

You’re entitled to as many bad days as you feel you need to get through to the other side, which is hopefully a life worth living again. So please don’t be too hard on yourself, and “be kind to yourself” as nobody has a book with all the answers in it on “How to cope after losing your best friend and soulmate” I wish there was one Cry and I think we’d all buy it.

Like you and so many other people on this forum, I just cry for the smallest of things and I still can’t look at her photograph and nearly all music that I listen to, reminds me of her too and that also sets me off crying, but I’m just hoping that this improves with time. 

I do hope we all find peace one day, Ian x

• Hi tivvy 

yes have lots of bad day xx big virtual hug I am trying to learn to be kind to me I am just saying to myself small steps and ok not be ok that’s where I am 

• Thank Jane! I love the sound of your pictures on canvas. Definitely not bonkers. 

xx

• Thank you Jonta! That is really kind of you!

xx

• Thank you for the virtual hug. I am finding the pandemic is not helping at all. It feels like I am in solitary confinement. Nothing is open over here and we are still very limited in meet ups.