Widow/Widowers Support Group Northern Ireland

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hello, 

Are there any meet-ups or support groups in Northern Ireland for Widows/ers? My husband passed away 4 weeks ago from Thymus cancer. He was only 45yrs old. I would love to talk to other people in my position to find out how they cope.

Many thanks

Grainne 

•  

Hi Grainne and welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

First of all can I offer my condolences upon the recent death of your husband. As you say, 45 is no age Disappointed

I don't personally know if there are any groups that meet in Northern Ireland but if you type 'Northern Ireland' in the search bar in this group you will find quite a few previous posts which mention Northern Ireland. You could have a look through and respond to any of the posters who mention support groups.

Another way to search is to scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'in your area' which you should see under the heading of 'more from us'. This allows you to put in your postcode to find support groups close to where you live. 

Sending a virtual (hug)

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Grainne, There is a support group in N Ireland at present we have not been meeting due the virus.We usually meet up 1Sunday a month.at different hotels and restaurants for Sunday lunch. If you would like to arrange to go out for coffee I can meet up with you. I was widowed 5 years my husband died off oesophageal cancer.

Jennifer