Unsure

• 23 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi All, 

It is 8 months since Ric passed and I am trying to move forward. I redecorated last week and took our wedding photo off the wall. I have replaced it with a couple in the rain holding a purple (my fav colour) umbrella. Ric would have always shared an umbrella so although it is a neutral picture it sort of isn't. I have painted the walls in grey with a mulberry purple feature wall! Ric would have groaned but it is me!!! I have ordered a new three piece too. I am very eased with the room and have changed furniture too. I wanted it to be me!! 

I went out tonight with an old male friend. He has just split with his girlfriend. I am happy to be friends and had a nice evening, just casually chatting. He has asked me to have Sunday lunch too in a pub. He never touched me or anything and he knows I am not looking for anyone but I feel he may want more. Not sure how I should manage this one. I don't want to upset him, he is a nice guy but not my type but lovely to chat to. Just thinking that I should maybe nip it in the bud even if I had a nice time before it gets complicated. 

Love Alison xxx

• Cant argue with a free lunch!!!

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to mccmcc

Mccmcc

hope you buy lizzy lunch and the coffees like the man should do 

martin 

• Lizzie is a very modern charming lady, who pays her way and is as generous as she is nice (guess what, I like her!)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Martin, Mccmcc has been the perfect gentleman but I have to admit that me being me we've taken it in turns to buy the coffees because that's me Slight smile definitely like to be fair and share.

Alison -  as we all know life is too short but you should just do what makes you comfortable don't step out of your comfort zone if you feel it's not what you want to do.

Lizzy

• Hi Lizzy

I like to pay my way too! I have generally taken it in turns to pay..

I may meet him again for lunch. He is a nice guy to chat to but I don't want to lead him on as that is not fair. We will see.

Love and hugs Alison xxx

• Life does go on, even if sometimes we might like a pause and rewind button.

(Personally I'd go back to the 70s and dress differently!)

So ywr can only go one way, but you're incharge now Allison...

• Thank you Mccmcc, I won't keep my life on hold. I am moving on. Who knows what will be around the corner. I have an open mind 

Alison xxx

• It's taken me a few days to get back on here - locked out again!

Alison hope you are well and continuing to move forwards.

- like you Mccmcc and i have decided that we are not going to keep our lives on hold. We really get on so well and have decided that we are going to start dating and see how things progress.

Our lives have been full of coincidences both from the Midlands, both on the isle of wight in our twenties, even attended the opening of the Riverside Centre there so in the same building at the same time - i think we were always supposed to meet and maybe fate has pushed us together finally, although not in the best circumstances as we all know. 

So we begin the next chapter of our journey through lifes tangled pathways with an understanding of what we have both been through but real hope for the future.

Lizzy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to LizzyK

Hi 

good luck to you both and have a good life together 

take care 

Martin x

• I can only add that Lizzy is the nicest, kindest person I have ever met, I feel.so honoured she wants me in her life and she is enchanting company! 

I hope we have a long future together as I am very happy and content in her company!

Blush