Planned Community Maintenance

• 6 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi everyone,

We hope you don’t mind us posting here. We wanted to let you know we’ve posted some important information about the Macmillan website and Online Community in our Community News Blog today.

Please click here to read more, this will affect access to the sites tomorrow morning between 7am and 10am.

If anyone experiences issues after 10am tomorrow, please get in touch with us at community@macmillan.org.uk.

Again, a full explanation can be found here:

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/blogs/b/community_news/posts/planned-community-maintenance---11th-august-7am-10am

Kindest Regards,

Macmillan Community Team

• I have deleted the app because itwas stressing me out!! Will you be fixing that too? 

BootsyD

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hello 

I am so sorry to hear this and I hope I can help you, as we'd never want you to feel stressed out by using the Community.  

I'm sorry but I am not sure which app you mean? We don't have an Online Community app so I wondered you've had trouble using the Community on your mobile?

Following the planned maintenance this morning, it should be much easier to get logged in across all devices, so if you are looking to access the Community on your mobile or tablet, this should now work.

If you're still experiencing technical issues, I hope you wouldn’t mind letting us know the following information so the team can look to solve your problem as quickly as possible.

•  What type of device are you using? Mobile phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
    • Is it an Android or Apple device?
    • Which browser do you usually use to go on the Community? Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.

If you could send this information, with any pictures or screenshots of the issue/s you are having to community@macmillan.org.uk that would be really helpful. If you'd prefer to contact us through the site, you can also PM us through the  account.

Steph
    Online Community Officer
  • Hi Steph lol at me!! I 'm no wizz-kid at technology and had only just started to ki d of know my way around this site then POW!! it went different on me Slight smile There was what I thought was an app on my phone - like a shortcut to the community and I can't see how to get it back!

Butterfly

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi

Ah, no worries at all, I should be able to help you get that back. I will contact you by email if that's ok?

Steph
    Online Community Officer
  • Yes Steph that'll be great!! The shortcut was on my Samsung phone. I think I  also have 2 passwords that work at different times and the groups I was a member of say I must click to join, so I  click but still don't seem to belong!! Good luck sorting me out!!! 

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi

Thanks for your response, I've contacted you by email to gather some more information, so I can help you get sorted. If it's easier, we could do it by PM? 

You'll only have one password for the Community - you'll have reset this the first time you logged into the Community following the upgrade. You should use the new password now - please don't forget to update your passwords saved on your devices.

If you're not seeing your groups, or it's saying you need to join, then it's likely you're not logged in - click on the little person icon at the top right to log in before trying to visit your groups.

I hope this helps and I will look forward to hearing from you by email (or let me know if you'd rather get this sorted by PM).

Steph
    Online Community Officer