Going back to work??

• 34 replies
  • 29 subscribers

I've been off work since the end of September to take care of my Husband Colin who sadly left us 5th April - 5 weeks ago now. My sick pay has obviously finished now and work has asked me if I will be coming back (as they have to). I do intend to go back but don't know when the right time will be. I work for Boots as a 'customer assistant' aka as a dogsbody lol!!! 3 days a week 8-4.30. I know I can do phased return, say 3 hours a day - or whatever I want really but I feel so nervous and scared, what of I don't know!! How soon did anybody go back to work??

Sandra x

• Awesome!! Thumbsup tone2Thumbsup tone2

"Sometimes life is hideous, other times it's worse!"

• Well done Karen!  If you could manage on part time hours you should do it and if they ask you to do extra duties say no!!! Being part time will give you some 'you time' and you'll still have work mates too! Best of both worlds!! X

Hope your next shift is an easy one!

Sandra  

:)

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi Ebony12 How was your first (long) shift? 

My first week is over with, faced a few more colleagues but have been so busy with customers telling me 'it's my first time out in 10 weeks' I haven't had a minute!!  I think they all had cabin fever and thanks to some restrictions being lifted the town was chokka! 

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi Bootsy

aw I bet it went over quickly if you were so busy, it was so hot today too, I went for a walk at lunchtime, admiring people’s gardens and it was a lovely little breather to myself.

It felt a bit strange on Wednesday at work and the place just seemed so much bigger than before!

Today’s shift Seemed easier already and soon got into the swing of things. 

I did get informed that we are getting a different service manager which I felt a bit wobbly about having just returned to work, but      maybe it will all work out for the best as I’m looking at it as a bit of a fresh start and a few new members in my team will be refreshing. 

here’s hoping for a nice weekend for everyone.

much love

karen

Grief is the flip side of love