New Year

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 20 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I survived Christmas having it only been 3 weeks since my darling husband Micky died.However I feel worse coming up to the New Year I think its because I feel I am leaving Micky behind in another year which probably sounds crazy as I know it is just another day.Wonder if anyone else has felt like that?

Laura x  

• Oh Laura is is such early days for you, and having to endure Christmas so soon. You must have really found it hard. 

I feel exactly how you have described it. My husband passed away on 31 March 2018 and today is the last time I can think he died last year!!! Tomorrow it will be 2 years ago. To me it's absolutely terrifying leaving them behind.

I silently worry I can't hear his voice or remember his mannerisms, but I can. I look at our 2 sons and there is my husband. 

Will you have company tonight? Take care of yourself, remember your Micky he will be watching over you.

• Ruby diamond x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ruby Diamond

Thanks Ruby Diamond I understand where you are coming from too,its so hard.I am staying in on my own tonight with our two lovely retrievers,I have had offers to go to friends and family but would rather just stay at home as not good company at the moment.I wish you a peaceful New Year,take care x

• Thank you, and to you.

I'm glad you have the company of your 2 dogs, what a comfort they are. We got a rescue Siberian Husky in May and she is an absolute delight. Someone to love and a reason to keep going.

X

• Ruby diamond x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Laura I know exactly how you feel about leaving them behind . It's as though we are closing a great big door on them & our life with them. We must try not to feel like that as they will always & forever be with us in our hearts & memories  they will be with us as the clock strikes midnight they will never leave us . Be strong he will be with you.

I am not staying up until midnight going to bed . 

Take care x

• Hello Ruby.

Like you this is the last time I can say my husband died last year which is hard to believe. 

Not having children there is no-one to remind me of him. I don't remember what he sounds like.Sob

At New Year two years ago we didn't stay up as we usually did as he was very tired  and I remember saying 'never mind there'll be plenty other times'. How those words haunt me.

I'm alone again tonight and tomorrow just like Christmas.

Look to the moon.
    Can't imagine any future without my soulmate
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Laura, I'm glad to hear you survived xmas, I did too but it wasn't quite the same without my Norm. Like you I'm feeling worse as the new year looms and also feel like I'm leaving him behind. Not only is it a new year but a new decade too. I keep remembering last new year which as usual we spent with the same friends, raising a glass at midnight, wishing everyone a healthy and prosperous 2019. We had no idea we would be saying goodbye to Norman so soon. I'm spending this evening with the same friends who have been very supportive since Norman died. I can't say I'm going to be good company though.

Hope your dog's bring you comfort tonight and going forward into 2020. Remember to be kind to yourself, but I know that's easier said than done.

Sending a big hug

Sue

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ruby Diamond

Yes they are definitely keeping me going they are so intune with our feelings too,they cuddle up to me all the time.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks yes Micky my husband will always be with me,its just these first times for everything are so hard to deal with.I am not staying up either.I wish you well.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks Sue best wishes & hugs to you too x

• I’m staying with my mother who is also on her own, my dad having died 14 years ago. We have three dogs for company - one each, and we are looking after my brothers dog as he and his family are in Australia for Christmas and NY. Not sure if I will stay up. The significance of the new year and new decade is making me feel very odd. One minute optimistic, the next teary and sad, then detached and distant. I think about my life with Mike and it’s like looking down the wrong end of a telescope- everything seems small and far away. Think I will consume some whiskey, maybe have a bath, a diazepam and an early night. Hugs to all of you. Imagine if we could all just get together and support each other in the flesh. Digital media will gave to do. You are all lifesavers when I’m feeling rubbish xx 

Alison 
    Trying to be like the tree that bends with the wind and rain and thus weathers the storm