New member - Lost my mum

• 12 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hi 

I lost my mum in January this year and I am finding it really hard to get on with life - I can hear her now telling me to smile and live my life as before but my mum was my world and I miss her every day.  I feel  lost, angry and struggle some days.  I have a supportive husband and son but sometimes feel very alone.  

Some days I am ok and others I just break down and cry and often once I start I find it hard to stop.  Sometimes its so bad I get pains in my chest - I had an ECG but they have put it down to emotional stress.  I have tried all the things they have told me to do, do something that makes you feel good, i.e painting, walking, gardening etc but it is short lived.

• Hello. 

I am so sorry for your loss. I do know what your going through, I lost my mum in July 2021, and I’m still struggling. My partner keeps telling me to carry on, but he’s not understanding how difficult it is to just ‘carry on’. I feel alone almost every day, and I still get pains in my chest. My gp put that down to anxiety. Here if you ever want a chat xx

• I absolutely can relate to you,I lost my dad start of Feb and I am struggling to move on ,make plans e.t.c it still feels so raw and I miss him so much.I have a supportive family yet I feel so alone.

Unfortunately as we are in the same I have not got much advise but I will say don’t be so hard on yourself to ‘do’ what should make u feel better listen to yourself if you want to cry cry, if u want to do nothing ,do nothing and put on a film I’m sorry to say that any distraction will be short lived.

Sending you and is all support and strength xxx

• Thank you for you thoughts.  It feels like this feeling will never end, I try to stay positive and keep myself busy but it is when I am on my own my mind wonders and I then find it hard to get out of that mindset.

Sending you my thoughts too X

• Hi.  My partner doesn't say anything and this makes me angry as it seems like he doesn't care - I know he does but when I feel like this it overwhelms me and I have to go off on my own and cry in  the bathroom where no one can hear me this is my way of dealing with it - Its hard to just carry on and get on with life when they were such a big part of your life.  I miss her so much it hurts.  Will we ever feel like we can have a day where everything feels okay?

Would be nice to chat X

• Honestly my partner is exactly the same! It hurts me when he says you’ve just got to carry on, because I feel like I can’t carry on. She was my best friend as well as mt mum. I spend most of my time crying in the bathroom because I feel like I have to be strong in front of my son too. You will have the odd days where you feel ok, but something will happen, or you will see something that reminds you and it just goes back to remembering your never going to see them again and your heart gets broken all over again. It’s horrible. Xx

• Its when I get home after work thinking "oh i call mum in a minute" and then it hits me that I can't.  

I would love to hear her voice again 

x

• Yeah I know what you mean, I find it hard when my 2 year old does something or says something and I’m like oh I’ll ring mum and tell her then remember I can’t Broken heart breaks my heart every single time. Xx 

• Hi 

How are you doing.  X

1. I am so sorry you're going through this. My mum died 3 weeks ago.  I don't really have any advice but just wanting to let you know you're not alone xx
  • Hi, I lost my mum in February. She was the best and protected us until the very end but the whole process has taken a massive toll. It doesn't help when you don't have support that doesn't understand. I'm finding it hard at the moment to do anything new because mum is meant to be here to see it. She was going to be 60 this month and it feels incomprehensible that she was taken from me. I'm sorry for what you are going through but it's nice to know that we aren't alone Slight smile