New member - Lost my mum

• 12 replies
  • 17 subscribers

Hi 

I lost my mum in January this year and I am finding it really hard to get on with life - I can hear her now telling me to smile and live my life as before but my mum was my world and I miss her every day.  I feel  lost, angry and struggle some days.  I have a supportive husband and son but sometimes feel very alone.  

Some days I am ok and others I just break down and cry and often once I start I find it hard to stop.  Sometimes its so bad I get pains in my chest - I had an ECG but they have put it down to emotional stress.  I have tried all the things they have told me to do, do something that makes you feel good, i.e painting, walking, gardening etc but it is short lived.

• So sorry for your loss, trouble is u do feel alone even when you are surrounded by people,  Here if you want to talk x

• Hi Shannon, so sorry for your loss, I miss my mum every day and still find it hard, no it doesn't help when you have people around you because they haven't been through this they really don't understand, nice to speak to people on here who are going through the same and do understand. Your mum was so young.  It always seems to be worse when I get home from work as the house is so quiet and if I don't find things to do that's when it gets me and when I start crying sometimes I find it hard to stop.  Here if you want to talk x