I'm no one special...........

• Weds 30th Nov , 2016

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Wed. 30th Nov , 2016.
    S & I arrived separately at the hospital, she via a lift from a friend , me via a train and 20 minute walk after working through the night.We arrived at the same time, 08.20 for an 08.30 appointment. After having to correct the receptionist , yet again , as to how to pronounce S's surname , we were called down to the kimo treatment room 40 MINUTES later. The only available chair was one stuck…
  • Weds , 9th Nov , 2016

FormerMember
    FormerMember

We arrived at 8am via a lift from S's friend......and 30 seconds , yet again , after alighting from the car , my hackles were raised. Reception told us that we were listed to go to the private ward. S and I both spoke up to say that we had this last time and were placed in the incorrect area . The receptionist joked that were were being given an up grade . I just wanted to strangle the twat. Half and hour later we were…

• Friday 28 / 10 / 16. & Sunday 30th / 10 / 16.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Friday 28 / 10 / 16. & Sunday 30th / 10 / 16.

So.........a 3.40 pm appointment today to see S's designated oncology doctor. I worked last night , slept for 4 hours , am with S , then off to work again . As we sat there waiting to be called in ....and still waiting after the appointed time ..............I came up with the idea that patients should get points for the minutes they waited after their set appointed time…

• WED 19/10/16

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wed 19 / 10 / 16
    So...today is S's second kimo treatment . Was hoping it would go through without incident..unlike the first one a few weeks ago . 
    NO SUCH FECKING LUCK .
    About an hour after the canula was inserted by the nurse and the kimo started going through S's arm and into her body , I notice a redness on S's kimo arm . S left her seat and took her kimo stand with her on the way to the toilets to use the facilities…

• Monday 17 / 10 / 16

FormerMember
    FormerMember

A rushed and stressed morning start and off we go to the GP surgery.

I hand S's prescription in at a pharmacy whilst s goes to give a blood sample and get a flu jab . 

The pharmacy couldn't complete the order so i cancelled that  and went to the surgery.

Forty minutes after she went in , S came out and I could see that sehe was upset . I knew the reason . She talked to the nurse and the doctor who had the brains…