Friday 28 / 10 / 16. & Sunday 30th / 10 / 16.

1 minute read time.

Friday 28 / 10 / 16. & Sunday 30th / 10 / 16.

So.........a 3.40 pm appointment today to see S's designated oncology doctor. I worked last night , slept for 4 hours , am with S , then off to work again . As we sat there waiting to be called in ....and still waiting after the appointed time ..............I came up with the idea that patients should get points for the minutes they waited after their set appointed time .............and with those points , they should get a set of glass tumblers or stickers to put into their Panini sticker book of Oncology doctors and nurses. FIFTEEN minutes after the appointed time , we were called in..with the usual mispronunciation of S's 4 LETTER SURNAME......which is not a foreign or difficult name. We BOTH corrected the doctor in unison.........a doctor that s had not seen before . And 15 minutes later...we left the consultation room .....WITH NO EXAMINATION OF S. AT ALL. S had been asked how she was. S told her about the kimo going into her arm instead of vein and there was a record of this . I piped up and asked if it was reported on the statutory green form..........it was . Leg spasms that afflict S could possibly be counteracted by taking quinine.......found in tonic water. I said that i didn't want S on blood pressure tablets and that the two readings at the GP surgery were done incorrectly since there was only a FEW minutes between the two taken ....as well as S not being asked what had happened that morning , if anything . Seems some doctors are too fast in handing out tablets . Going back to work was talked about positively and really , that was that . ...........NO EXAMINATION AND THE 15 MINUTES COULD HAVE BEEN DONE OVER THE TELEPHONE . The next kimo treatment is on Weds 9th November. Well , we'll see what the feck can go wrong that day !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday 30th Oct.........

S and i went grocery shopping today....with S wearing her turban outside for the first time . It's got to that point.

Anonymous