Weds , 9th Nov , 2016

5 minute read time.

We arrived at 8am via a lift from S's friend......and 30 seconds , yet again , after alighting from the car , my hackles were raised. Reception told us that we were listed to go to the private ward. S and I both spoke up to say that we had this last time and were placed in the incorrect area . The receptionist joked that were were being given an up grade . I just wanted to strangle the twat. Half and hour later we were ushered to the private wing . Off we bimbled , expecting to be sent to the general ward area...........but , feck me , we were in the right area .but it wasn't an up grade . It was being used as an overspill from the general ward. A new private kimo building had been built and opened a few miles away . Why the feck hadn't the receptionist just explained this to us when we pitched up.just to ease our minds ? So , after 1 hour and 50 minutes the kimo treatment started The ward sister was attempting to put a canula in S's hand...and if you've kept up with the previous entries you'll know that finding a vein in S's hand is very difficult , and once found , the canula does make S cry with pain . It went in and with s's tear i told her to man-up ! At this S laughed through her tears . The sister spun around on her chair and asked me how i would like being stuck with a needle. My replay .............." Well ' it made her laugh. " Game , set and match to me and the sister went back to attending to S . I've told you all before ................FETCH CARRY AND ENTERTAIN . So , we went into our routine.......chatting about stuff we had already talked about , dates for the other kimo sessions and generally shooting the breeze. Trying to read a book was a non starter. Ten minutes on one page and i couldn't tell you what I had just read . Coffee arrived for S .........on a tray .....with biscuits. I see that some of the private wing practices still existed ..though no free newspapers , no free bar , no salmon on toast and no punkawaller in the corner fanning the patients . I went out of the hospital , once i found my way out of the fecking car park , purchased some corner store items , came back and found S sleeping . ..........whilst the poison was being pumped into her body . I just sat there and looked at her sleeping for half an hour .even withe machines bleeping from four kimo patients and the noise from what need ed to be done in the ward , she slept ................until some dick went along the corridor shouting to someone ......i think that person was in Scotland the way the twat shouted at the top of her lungs.....which woke S up . BOLLOX. Another patient arrived , with support partner...............and they were due to have a blood test before their kimo session started . The supporting burke had the manners and thoughtfulness of an arrow in the neck....with a gas bill attached to it . He used his mobile phone , whilst all the other supporters went on to the corridor to take and make calls , to order radiators for a house , to pay his credit card bill , to call his builders................and all this a few feet away from S and me . Next time this happens ........I'll tell them to feck off or the nursing staff can tell them not to be so fecking selfish . ...........and the mood I'm in , I hope I get the chance . But , thankfully , the blood test was going to be a while and the space was needed for a patient who was ready to have their kimo session . So , they got wheeled out and a quiet couple took their place............he went to sleep during treatment and his female partner sat knitting.Just short of 2pm , the staff nurse came and chatted to us whilst she removed the kimo treatment lines and sorted out S's meds . Her face dropped when the first Mac nurse came up in conversation and I mentioned that she just came into S's room and stated " so , you've decided to have it all taken out? " ( meaning a full hysto op ) . What a classy nurse..and i'm not finished with her at all ...not by a long chalk . I said that after that incident i refered to her as Jack the Ripper. We were now told that the locum doc who saw S and me for 15 mins , after a 60 mile round trip and not being seen on time and no physical examination , had altered / cut S's meds.............something we had not agreed to . We told the staff nurse this and that was good enough for her to just give S what she was already being issued . We got a list of the forthcoming dates and times for the other kimo sessions and dates/ times for seeing / talking to the nurse and assigned doctor. We left via a lift back by S's friend and that was that . Halfway through the kimo sessions....3 down , 3 to go . The following day , S telephoned the secretary to the assigned doctor and told her that the dates and times for these 15 min / 60 mile round trip were not conducive to her wellbeing and that she wanted telephone interviews instead . Agreed.............but the meeting just before the last kimo in January would have to be face-to-face. That was agreed. So ..........next kimo on the 30 of Nov.............then 21 Dec..........( a lovely fecking Christmas present ) ...............and the last one being 11 Jan . By the by ..............S's blood pressure is going down and am hoping that she will not need blood pressure tablets........but...............hemoglobin readings might mean that she might need a blood transfusion . FFS

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

sorry your going through this I am starting to worry that this Christmas will be our last no chance of a cure so grab the treatment on the 21st which hopefully will enable you to have many more Christmas's