what a pain

• limbo

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Lost my hair after 1st chemo, thought I would have it alot longer. Notice eyebrows thinning! Wearing hats as wig made me paranoid, just thought its gone why hide the fact, lady in my local Tesco express asked to see my head, when I took my hat off she stroked it, strange.

I feel I limbo. Life stood still since February 25th. 4 more lots of chemo then radiation therapy and tablets to stop my dam hormones changing my…

• first chemo

FormerMember
    FormerMember

First one today 5 to go. So many dos and donts my head was spinning. All the foods I like I'm not allowed! Friday district nurse should give steroid shot, hopefully I will be able to do them

ordered wig, lucky as its exactly the same as my hair cut at the moment. Blunt bob, and got backup caps. Limbo also came today, so no more clingfilm.

only negative is the cost of parking at the hospital, had five appointments…

• Leper? no im the same!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Went to my local Friday, to met a dear friend.

I never felt so alone, sat on my own at the end of the bar with a arms length gap around me in a very packed local, of all neighbours, parents of my children's friends and people I've known for years.

one guy who knows me well just tapped me on my back and said I'm very brave, before I could comment he walked away . That happened twice.

I went home after…

• beautiful people

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have met some really beautiful people, shame I didn't met them before I had cancer.

I don't want to be defined as Karen the one with breast cancer, I want to be Karen.

people have commented that I'm brave, I'm not brave, I had no choice. The op, the adjacent therapy, has been determined because their was no other choice. I have had a couple of dark days they don't see, especially when I faced my mastectomy…

• had op! drains are a pain

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, Thursday came round and I wasn't really nervous just wanted it over. Walked down to OT, got on bed then next minute waking up, to the nurses talking about who they fancied, so I butted Gerrard Butler, it was actually 5 hours later!

then the next thing I asked was it just the two nodes, to be told no all of them, so I said chemo then.

had to wait two hours for bed, ended up in a private room! How jammy…