Leper? no im the same!

Less than one minute read time.

Went to my local Friday, to met a dear friend.

I never felt so alone, sat on my own at the end of the bar with a arms length gap around me in a very packed local, of all neighbours, parents of my children's friends and people I've known for years.

one guy who knows me well just tapped me on my back and said I'm very brave, before I could comment he walked away . That happened twice.

I went home after a couple of hours with my Friend but felt totally alone and really down. Which has lasted all weekend.

cancer is not catching! I'm still the same Karen, which they talked to two month's ago.

what a difference 6 weeks and the big C makes socially in ones life.

Anonymous
  • In our society the vast majority of people still have no idea what to say to somebody with an illness like cancer. People get awkward, tongue-tied and they can blurt out the most ridiculous things. This makes many of them overwhelmingly reluctant to put themselves at risk of putting their feet in their mouths.

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience. I know some people who've managed to go through a cancer treatment without telling ANYBODY and I always wondered how they could manage such a thing. But when I read a blog post like yours, I start to understand why they might be tempted to try.