first chemo

Less than one minute read time.

First one today 5 to go. So many dos and donts my head was spinning. All the foods I like I'm not allowed! Friday district nurse should give steroid shot, hopefully I will be able to do them

ordered wig, lucky as its exactly the same as my hair cut at the moment. Blunt bob, and got backup caps. Limbo also came today, so no more clingfilm.

only negative is the cost of parking at the hospital, had five appointments last one tomorrow and already spent £25 in parking. But must say its a small price to pay for the fantastic staff at the hospital and the MacMillan nurses, I have had one of the top consultants and the care I have been given first class.

cant comment on how chemo affects me as its too early, but I am prepared for a rough time, but I'm going to be sensible and take each time step by step until its over hopefully end of August

off now to drink loads to flush the drugs out my kidneys, my life is so rock and roll xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi karen20

Do check online for your hospitals guidelines on parking for cancer patients - Quite a few now have accepted government guidelines of reduced or free parking for cancer patients.

Especially those on chemotherapy or radiotherapy regimes where they are constant visitors.

This does vary from one health authority area to another so it is a bit of a postcode lottery, but even if they do offer discounted / free parking it's rarely advertised as it is a cash cow for them so the fewer that realise this the better (for them)  :(

There is more info about hospital parking for cancer patients here.

Hope the chemo is kind to you, take care, G n' J

• Hi Karen

just wanted to wish you good luck with your chemo. Hope it's kind to you. Not easy when you are a single parent facing this.

Take care