had op! drains are a pain

Less than one minute read time.

Well, Thursday came round and I wasn't really nervous just wanted it over. Walked down to OT, got on bed then next minute waking up, to the nurses talking about who they fancied, so I butted Gerrard Butler, it was actually 5 hours later!

then the next thing I asked was it just the two nodes, to be told no all of them, so I said chemo then.

had to wait two hours for bed, ended up in a private room! How jammy! Didn't really hurt, first thing phone dad let him know I'm ok.

looked at breast, wow Karat has done a fantastic job, and still have nipple. Drains are a right bind and catheter!

let out Friday, as I was up and moving. Home sweet home.

Saturday got my daughter to wash my hair! District nurse came to empty drains. Best tip get the shower gel imperial leather foam boast, helps when flannel wash.

now Sunday, drains still a pain. But sun shining. District nurse came and I will be doing my own drains. Washed my own hair today, phew!

got appointment Wednesday hope drains get removed! 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Karen,

You should post this to the Breast Group - Sure they would love to read how you got on and knowing surgery wasn't so scary would help those facing it.

Best wishes for your recovery, G n' J