Love, Me, Brian and Brain Cancer - A Carers Perspective

• Still

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Five years on - I live a normal life. I’ve drawn strength from you - knowing you’d be proud of me and my decisions. 

I got my home back - my home. 

And in it are pictures of you and always will be. 

I don’t live in agony every day anymore. But I know real love never dies and that I will carry you with me in my heart until I go. I always hope one day I will know what you know- what happens after this life.…

• Its not that neat...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was given a piece of advice when I lost you - dont make any major decisions or changes for at least a year.  Grief was so painful I ignored that advice.... 

Anyway it's not neat in a book where there are chapters... it's not the beggining of a story and the end of a story. Its forever threaded through my life like silver thread. Its changed me forever. I'll never be the me I was before. Life will not be neat little chapters…

• Living - two years on

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This will be my last blog post.  I don't fit anymore in the going through it phase.  But I am not past it either.  I am in the land of the 'living' again.  I raced there, I rushed there - I couldn't bear to be in that desperate dark and frightening place that is grief,  I ran from it, I fought it.  Not sure how healthy or possible that is but that was my way of bearing it.  And so I ran at lightening speed not…

• Seven Weeks

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Brian,

I am tormented by the last day of your life.  I don't like to remember it and keep trying to override my mind when it recalls the memory.  I cant bear that you were so young and your otherwise healthy body just stopped working.  I cant accept I will never touch your face, hold your hand or hear your voice ever again.

You are very much here to me - your personality and everything that was you is alive in my memory…

• 6 Weeks after you left

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I thought it was painful when you were here and I was anticipating and trying to prepare myself for you going.  But then I could walk in the room and hold you or kiss you or chat with you.  I can't do that now.  I thought I knew what real pain was - I had no idea.

I've the pile of laminate floor in my bedroom that I can't fit without you.  I can't do it.  You were doing it.  Its a constant reminder that you are…