Stacey's stem cell story

• Day 14 - Ouch!!!

The dreaded mouth ulcers have arrived! Ouch! Well at the minute I've got one big one under my tongue but mouth is so raw. Doctors said today again expect it to get worse before getting better, 

Started early hours yesterday morning, have been taking paracetamol and doing mouth washes more than ever! This morning the paracetamol didn't cut it so had some oxynorm which worked well and doctors decided to put some oxynorm…

• Day 12 - Big fat zero!

So got told this morning my immune system levels are a big fat zero! Well this is the best I've felt all week and that's good considering every cell in my body seems to be dying. 

Got it tough with the nausea again yesterday, had extra injections and tablets and finally settled down in the evening. Woke up this morning to severe abdominal pains, felt like someone was lighting a fire inside me, took paracetamol…

• Day 10 - Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

The last two days all I've done is sleep! 

The drugs in my syringe driver make me drowsy and I've just slept on and off, nausea comes and goes at times but a million times better than it was. 

I've hardly been able to get out of bed but this morning I forced myself to have a shower (I sat in a chair) and felt good after. Doctors also noticed I haven't eaten in 3 days and we're talking about artificially feeding…

• Day 8 - Survived another day

In short, the last 48 hours have been really tough going, in fact there's no point lying it's been horrific! But I've survived 

Got chemo on Monday, one hour in I took a reaction, thought my head was going to explode and then the severe vomiting started, I didn't know where I was for a few hours. No antisickness seemed to work, then my back went into spasms, I ended up on a morphine injection and by the evening…

• Day 5 - Two Pints

Yesterday evening I began to feel unwell, temperature was creeping up high so I was started on IV antibiotics and fluids just incase I'm getting an infection, although it could be a reaction to chemo. Have to say, after two paracetamol and a dose of antibiotics I was feeling good again. 

Woke up today more tired and lacking in energy, still able to get shower, walk about etc but after speaking to doctor they decided…