Day 8 - Survived another day

1 minute read time.

In short, the last 48 hours have been really tough going, in fact there's no point lying it's been horrific! But I've survived 

Got chemo on Monday, one hour in I took a reaction, thought my head was going to explode and then the severe vomiting started, I didn't know where I was for a few hours. No antisickness seemed to work, then my back went into spasms, I ended up on a morphine injection and by the evening I was feeling better. Thought that was the worst over, oh no, started vomiting at 2am, the vomiting isn't too bad it's the nausea that gets you, you can't talk, eat, sleep anything. No drugs seemed to be working again, nausea continued all day and doctors decided to start me on a syringe driver so I was able to get continuous medication, although the nausea continued and was quite severe yesterday even I had to ask for extra medication on top of syringe driver.

I managed to sleep a bit last night and soon as I woke the nausea hit me really hard again, I was beginning to think there was no end to this. Doctors decided to increase dose in syringe driver. Well that happened today around 12 and the nausea has only been very slight since (which feels like a miracle) the drugs make me drowsy so I've been sleeping all day and get really confused when I hear noises and don't know where I am, but anything is better than the nausea! 

Almost forgot inbetween all this sickness my life saver of a brother donated his stem cells and I got them injected into me yesterday afternoon, so off they are trying to find my bone marrow and hopefully start into making a new immune system in next few weeks.

Don't really know what to expect in next coming days, I get the impression that this may only be the beginning then other times think it can only get better, but who knows, all I know is that even though the last few days have been the toughest yet, I've survived! 

Anonymous