Day 14 - Ouch!!!

1 minute read time.

The dreaded mouth ulcers have arrived! Ouch! Well at the minute I've got one big one under my tongue but mouth is so raw. Doctors said today again expect it to get worse before getting better, 

Started early hours yesterday morning, have been taking paracetamol and doing mouth washes more than ever! This morning the paracetamol didn't cut it so had some oxynorm which worked well and doctors decided to put some oxynorm in syringe driver, I'm still taking paracetamol but this afternoon it has eased off loads and I'm not feeling too bad. 

Very hard to eat and drink, waiting to see dietician for some supplements, I'm trying to think of high calorie foods that my family could bring in that I could manage, my mind is blank half the time, I could tell you all the low calorie foods though! (Years of worrying about being fat now I'm skinnier than ever) 

Well I was feeling quite down about my mouth today, and in walks my husband this afternoon with a bag of presents from all my wee besties! All my favourite things, was over the moon, cheered me right up. 

So lucky to have a great bunch of friends and supporting family. I lived away from home for years and thought there was nothing worse than going back home to live, well I was wrong, at times like this you realise there's no place like home! 

Anonymous