Day 10 - Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 minute read time.

The last two days all I've done is sleep! 

The drugs in my syringe driver make me drowsy and I've just slept on and off, nausea comes and goes at times but a million times better than it was. 

I've hardly been able to get out of bed but this morning I forced myself to have a shower (I sat in a chair) and felt good after. Doctors also noticed I haven't eaten in 3 days and we're talking about artificially feeding me come Monday, but I don't want it so I've forced a bit of weetabix this morning and some soup this evening, it's not enough I know but baby steps. 

Nurses and staff have been amazing, getting me everything I need and always asking if they can do anymore for me - I even got a supply of the NHS version of huggies pull ups due to the severe diarrhoea I've had over last few days but no need for much detail. 

Otherwise doctors say I'm very vulnerable to infection and that I'll prob get one at some point in next few weeks until the stem cells start growing. My mouth is starting to get a wee bit sore just my tongue and throat, I'm already started on new mouthwashes etc so hopefully it won't get much worse. And that's it to date, I'm ready for my 8th sleep of the day! 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Keep going Stacey.....let me reiterate this : SLEEP IS GOOD !!! I do it most days at work.

The huggies?? Forget them.....i recommend a large cork....it always worked for Eithne lol

Weetabix and soup ??? For goodness sake, that is a recipe for the skitters...are you mad ??

You are correct about the infections...you probably will get them but a good dose of antibiotics will sort that out.

Onwards and upwards

Ronan...with a few beers in him

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Stacey. We have been following your blog. Keep going - we are so proud of you and Darragh. Just finished the Novena at Clonard and you have been in our prayers throughout. Lots of love Barry and Terry.