The Butterfly Who Flapped Too Hard

• Test Results

Got my letter yesterday telling me when my next oncologists appointment is - and it's not for another month. Didn't feel like waiting that long for my scan results after RAI, you know the one? You go into hospital, take a pill, get classed as a danger to society, so you get locked in a room with a star trek air lock door, then studied and scanned like a science experiment to see where all the radiation has congregated…

• Everyone needs a nest day!

Duvet days are so last year! What you need is a nest day! Today is a nest day for me.

I've pushed myself too hard the last couple of days, and today I feel a little bit broken. So I have gathered food and drink from the kitchen that will last me the day, and it is set up on the sofa beside me. I have then got two blankets, one is wrapped around my feet and lower legs, while the other covers me from head to toe…

• Visitors...... and housework

By no stretch of the imagination can I be called a clean freak. Before I got cancer, some/all of my house constantly looked like a bomb had hit it - but I knew where everything was if I needed it. The living room would get a clean down if I knew people were coming, and the kitchen would be fully gutted if I needed to bake for anything. But other than that, things just ticked over and were cleaned as and when it bugged…

• The struggle is real

Figured I'd run a few updates up, fill folks who are interested, or just bored, in on where I'm at and what's been going on with me.

So, I had another dose of RAI on the 3rd of this month, and was stuck in hospital until the Thursday afternoon. That's where the 'Superpower watch' posts came from. I was in a really bad place going through that, so detaching myself from what I was going through, looking at…

• Dating

I'm sure there are a few single folks out there, both old and young alike, as well as those of us in the middle somewhere. I'm also sure, that everyone is single for very different reasons to one another that cover the full spectrum of emotions and circumstances. I'm also sure, that we're all bombarded every single day with images and messages that tell us that being alone is wrong, and that we need another person there…