Everyone needs a nest day!

2 minute read time.

Duvet days are so last year! What you need is a nest day! Today is a nest day for me.

I've pushed myself too hard the last couple of days, and today I feel a little bit broken. So I have gathered food and drink from the kitchen that will last me the day, and it is set up on the sofa beside me. I have then got two blankets, one is wrapped around my feet and lower legs, while the other covers me from head to toe, with extra at the sides and top to nestle into.

The reason for the two blankets is because I just couldn't get warm today. The heating was on, but I was still cold and it was drying me out and making me cough - so off it went. Socks annoy me when I'm in the house. Can't wear high necks after my ops, cause it feels like I'm being strangled. And for some WEIRD reason, I don't like sleeves that go beyond my elbow. Don't ask, I don't know, they just stress me out and get rolled up immediately. I'm odd. Lol. Hot drinks helped the throat and cold feeling, but that's a lot of up and down and hanging around. So..... nest building happened.

The fleece blanket around my legs came from a friend of a friend changing her colour scheme. Lovely big fleece blanket. While the one covering me is the BEST purchase ever.... well, not quite. But def top 10. Lol. It's a king size, double layer fleece blanket that I got from Leeds market for a haggled down price of £25. I love it! Sooooo big and snuggly.

Side note - Ladybug hates it. She's odd like me, and hates anything with a fluffy texture under her paws. So she doesn't stand on the blanket, or on my rug, and takes alternative routes to avoid stepping on them some days. You know when she's having a 'blanket aversion' day because she stands beside me on the couch and mews pathetically, while placing a paw on any exposed part of me. Then as soon as I pull the blanket away from my chest or lap, she's on it, purring, and settling down for a cuddle.

So, my seat is reclined, my legs are up - thank you boxing day sales for my lazboy reclining sofa - I'm all nestled in my blankets, and I have; food, drink, the remote, the phone, and pills within arms reach. Only reason to get up is to relieve myself.

Nest day is a go!

Try it yourself, you'll see that it just recharges the batteries so you're ready for whatever comes next! Good for body and mind! Just alter what's beside you to your own tastes and needs. Add in; knitting, sewing, books, etc. Whatever will fit on the sofa beside you - or a table beside your chair - that means you will be snug as a bug in a rug - literally - all day and don't have to move for anything but the loo. It's awesome!

Anonymous
  • Happy nest day Lass!

Fully on board with that! Nothing like a blanky and a cat cuddle. Oh! I also go for a hot water bottle down the back no matter what the weather! And a true movies film to finaly send me off to sleep. Utter bliss!

GM x

• See, now you have me wondering where my hot water bottle is..... it's the exact same one I had as a kid. So it's at least 30 years old. But I love the bunny that it is, with her red dress and white pinny. Lol

I've got the Mysteries of Laura on just now. Then it might be One Born Every Minute from last night. Love my free view recorder! XD

• Oh, I need another of those. Snuggled on the sofa with blanket, book, TV, cats, tea, snacks. My cats love getting inside the blanket with me!!

• Snugglebug has been LOVING today! He's been all under the blanket, half under the blanket, sprawled on top of the blanket. Just loving the warm lap that hasn't moved much all day!

Stinkbug needs a new nickname of Slippercat. Lol. He keeps on hugging my bare feet and sprawling all over them.

Ladybug has enjoyed them being quiet and calm. Last time I went to the loo, she was sprawled like an elongated slinky in my bed. Lol

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh I dunno, a decent member of the male species and a bottle of baby oil on a leather sofa will do me!!.......No?.....KIDDING!! Lol. Will settle for two sausage dogs, blanket and a pack of skips!!