vital's APC blog

• Motorhead lyric "All things come to he who waits ... The waiting never ends"

Wot now?  I hear you say, or rather I don't. Yesterday I had the results of the last 'blood letting' which show my PSA level has risen slightly to 0.38, and the Testosterone level is apparently 0.8. That slight increase is &quo...
  • The waiting game continues ...

Ought to update you: the latest blood test showed PSA level has fallen further, now down to 0.142. During the telephone appointment with my consultant she said "it's evidence that the hormone therapy is working" so I believe that ...
  • Happy Christmas and Positivity for 2022

I probably should have been more realistic and written along the lines of " Have the Best Christmas you can manage, given the circumstances" but at least my bit about 2022 can stand as it is.  The Apalutamide arrived even later, ...
  • More time down the toilet! Is it just continuing bad luck?

Sometimes it is hard to get clarity on things that just happen. Found out yesterday that it's not only my doctors' surgery that has time-wasting cock-ups, they happen at the University Hospital too. I suppose the latter wasn't as bad as the fir...
  • Heard the latest?

Have you heard the latest? It’s not out yet.  But until it is, here are two things learnt since the last post:  First, the blood test taken on the 12th of November subsequently showed my PSA level has fallen from 39 to just 0.8!...