To have come this far....?

• 29th May, 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Bit of the 'panic's' today, don't really want to go, but know I have to. Worst bit is going to be the first I .....think - I don't want to be injected 4 times around one little nipple...with nuclear meds....gawd, I might ask for a pre med early - ha ha (methinks I am NOT joking!)

It's actually 13 degrees outside today. Feeling a little cold inside the room now as I finished cleaning it about an hour…

• 27 May, 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Didn't go to see psychologist - had half an hour with the doctor, before Prof arrived. We did have a erm..little bit of an argument, and she laughed and said I was a feisty biteen indeed (Irish for a' bit of an argumentative and no way I'm gonna get bullied or frightened by her, girl!).

Had blood tests, MRI (yes, even though they had said yes, then no....) and another ultra sound, ECT (pre-surgery thing…

• 25th May again

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This is only my humble opinion, BUT HRT is a no no and proved to be a big contributory factor in getting breast cancer! I did, however, stop taking mine twelve years ago - took a herbal replacement for a while, but then put up with the hot flushes (actually quite nice in the winter time he he) and haven't taken anything since. No idea if this is in my genetic family as both my sister and I were adopted from separate families…

• 25th May, 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Woke up with a goal! To get rid of this bloody thing! Have been busy trying to find out costs of chemo in Chennai - very difficult, they keep sending me information on radiotherapy....grrr. Got to get these figures together, so I know what kind of money I'm looking at. From a couple I've seen, I don't think it will be possible to do - best go do the lottery :-)

If there's anyone out there who thinks it…

• 24th May, 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Went in to see the Prof this afternoon and here's the result. Not good news, but I feel SO much better now that the waiting is over.

Tis malignant, got to go to see them for further tests friday and into hospital next week., It's 2.5 cms, grade 2 stage 3 and they want to do more aspirations & an MRI and bloodtests friday as the lobes under my arm are still suspicious and they had a false negatice (apparently this…