24th May, 2011

2 minute read time.

Went in to see the Prof this afternoon and here's the result. Not good news, but I feel SO much better now that the waiting is over.

Tis malignant, got to go to see them for further tests friday and into hospital next week., It's 2.5 cms, grade 2 stage 3 and they want to do more aspirations & an MRI and bloodtests friday as the lobes under my arm are still suspicious and they had a false negatice (apparently this can happen three times until they take one out anyway. They have to check whether my platelets are up enbough or not for the Op next week - otherwise a transfusion, platelets and...apparently, stem cells too will be administered, Hmmm do they take wrinkles away I wonder, too :-)

I told him to take the bleeding boob off so I could pickle it, and all the bleeding nodes too - but as it's attached to the chest wall he said an extended lumpectomy would suffice and anyway I would still need radio regardless. He asked why I suggested a masectomy and I told him that then I wouldnt have to worry about cancer in that titty any more - but he said again about it being attached to the chest wall, and they will discuss it on thurday. My breast care nurse will call me after the meeting. He told me I WILL see my son grow up!

They are fully respecting my need to go back to India soon and want me to find a hospital I can contnue the treatment while still there - then please God it will be handed over to the UK when we arrive. No idea what the cost of treatment (radiotherapy and chemotheraphy) will be in India - unfortunately the colour of my skin ups the cost by tenfold most of the time, we will see, I have to make some calls tomorrow and put on my best Indian accent ha ha)

I feel better, because I KNOW (if that makes any sense to you at all!!), I'm not climbing the walls as I have been since last tuesday - but of course NOT over the moon with the diagnosis. I believe I knew what it was and that it was malignant before I left India -that's the way God works, he does let me know things in a very quite manner.

Prayer is very much appreciated,

Anonymous