The mysteries of Mo

• September 7th 2011 (pt 2)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Took Mo to the doctors today at 3.30pm bit of a trek for her but managed,Brian took us down to the surgery to save me having trouble parking the car,helping Mo out ,walking to the surgery door things like that.The doctor asked Mo what she was worrying about most,she tried to answer and engage but found it hard with the tumour.I said to the doctor the need for emotional support and physical help I personally was finding…

• September 7th 2011 (pt 1)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Not a good day for me I feel like I'm surrounded by indians,out of ammo and waiting for the cavalry to turn up.I have so many questions to ask like "How much exercise is considered enough without wearing Mo out?" "Is this trip to the doctors today going to wear her out & bring back the seizures?" "Can she wash her hair & have a bath?"or "Is it too early yet?" let alone how i'm going to do it, getting Mo in & out of the…

• September 4th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today started off well took Mo down the town to Jempsons for a cup of tea & a sausage roll its the first time Mos been out since she came home over a week ago.Had a lovely day

she was a bit tired after so we came home so Mo could rest.About 6.30pm Mo had a mini seizure,shaky legs,arms and torso,slight rocking from left to right lasted approx 15-20

mins it passed but she neglected to tell me!!The next thing I know…

• September 2nd 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Been a crap day today had to tell my mum & dad the "bad news" driving up from Morrisons and the bank,tears arrived whilst I was driving. Don't know why but the tears & emotions wash over you at the weirdest times,usually triggered by a thought from the "past" or worse from the "future",a song or just about anything.Tried to pull myself together before my mum opened the front door,didn't happen the "tears & emotions"washed…

• September 1st 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Returned to Hurstwood Park today & got the results of brain biopsy,it wasn't good news at all. Mo has got a Grade iv astrocytic glioma (glioblastoma) a malignant aggressive cancerous brain tumour. Its inoperable and terminal,I hate that word!!
    Radiotherapy is the only treatment available at present,every other day for two weeks hopefully it will control the growth and alleviate the symptoms,best possible scenario…