The mysteries of Mo

• September 9th 2011 (pt 2)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My mum asked me a strange question yesterday "Did I want to marry Mo?".I told her that it wasn't what I wanted and not on my priority list,Mo is my priority even more so now.I didn't want to be one of those people who have just found out their girlfriend or partner has a terminal illness and thinks "I know what i'll do we will get married" regardless of how many years they have already been together and its never been…

• September 9th 2011 (pt 1)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yesterday evening Mo became very tearful and emotional,never seen her like that til now.Normally she is so strong,she will have a good grizzle clocking up the tissues/kitchen twl usage then stop & then its all over.Nothing worse than sitting in another room watching tv, doing normal things & then suddenly hearing someone you love so much crying their eyes out.of course you go in and give them a big hug and a kiss,and…

• September 8th 2011 (pt 3)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mo had some visitors today firstly my mum came around this morning to see her and bought us lunch.Mo fancied a burger today so I went to the grill takeaway just up the road from our home.Mo thoroughly enjoyed her burger & fries she got in a bit of a mess but 'what the heck'.Its good to see her eat well and be normal...momentarily! Later on her best friend Carol, for over 35 years visited late afternoon,this was a 'biggy…

• September 8th 2011 (pt 2)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Heard from St Michaels hospice today at last!! they are coming up tomorrow afternoon to see what services they can offer Mo & myself.The Oncology Dept at the Conquest also contacted me today and we are due to see her,I think its a her,Dr Sadler,on Monday morning at 10am.Luckily there was a cancellation otherwise Mo would of had to wait a further two weeks for an appointment and time is of the essence especially with Mo…

• September 8th 2011 (pt 1)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Its 2.30 am Mo got up to go to the toilet,not a major problem pretty normal for ev1,get up,have a pee then back to bed,no probs except when you have a tumour.The simple task of going to the toilet sets you,the carer, on alert & immediately you wake up."What's he/she doing,where are you going?"you ask them but they don't even know themselves "Why!" they can't even give you an answer not even a straight one,its upsetting…