September 7th 2011 (pt 2)

1 minute read time.

Took Mo to the doctors today at 3.30pm bit of a trek for her but managed,Brian took us down to the surgery to save me having trouble parking the car,helping Mo out ,walking to the surgery door things like that.The doctor asked Mo what she was worrying about most,she tried to answer and engage but found it hard with the tumour.I said to the doctor the need for emotional support and physical help I personally was finding hard as I am with Mo 24/7,watching things happen and Mo trying so hard to control the symptoms etc was also difficult and upsetting for me.Doctor Munro,our G.P. agreed and said I need that support in place so hopefully Mo will be going to St Michaels Hospice 2-3 days a week to give me that time.At the hospice Mo will be looked after and I can do what I needed to,won't be easy but i'll try and cope.The Occupational Therapist wil pay us a visit at home to see what physical aids like rails/railings,steps etc and equipment like wheelchairs & sticks etc Mo needs to make things easier for her.A district nurse will also come and help me bath Mo and for general care assistance if needed,plus check up on us regularly and see how we are both doing as well as individually.Doctor Munro also said if we don't hear from the Oncologist @ The Conquest in the next couple of days give her a ring at the surgery and she will chase it up.Doctor Munro also needed me to draft authorisation for me from Mo to act in all medical decisions and the like which I found strange, probably just routine as mo's condition will worsen (but not yet though!).

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm glad that Mo is getting to the hospice a couple of times a week. Apart from giving you a much needed break it will be so good for her.

I attended a day hospice during my battle with cancer and it was a great place to be.

Christine xx