The mysteries of Mo

• September 11th 2011 (pt2)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

We had two nurses from the 'Hospice at home'service come to visit today.I wanted them to come because I was worried about Mo's personal hygiene.I'm not saying she was dirty lol I just wasn't too sure that when she had a wash in the morning if Mo was doing a proper job.If you knew Mo before,you would of known she was very particular about her cleanliness,her hair & what she wore during the day.The nurses spoke to me when…

• September 11th 2011 (pt1)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Its 3.30 in the morning,Mo had the 'wanderlust' she got up & wandered into the lounge and sat down on the sofa for 5-10 mins her hhead was playing up.Then wandered back into the bedroom & got back in bed,great! Ten minutes later got back up again and did the same,only this time on the way back went to the toilet & then back into the front room eventually she got back into bed at 4am.It was like a game of musical chairs…

• September 10th 2011 (pt 3)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Unfortunately Mo wasn't the only person to have a bad day today,I did. Needed some shopping today so I went to my local supermarket, Morrisons to get what I wanted, wont bother you with the details,just 'bits'. This was the first time since Mo's diagnosis I had been to the supermarket, I have been using my local shop only 5 minutes up the road,by car, how lazy lol. I got to Morrisons but as soon as I had walked through…

• September 10th (pt 2)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mo had a bad day today even though she slept all night from 9.30pm-6.30pm without getting up she woke up with pain in her head,belly and legs,bless! She had her meds this morning,9 tablets all told same as every morning after a piece of toast,not a lot for brkfast. After her meds she usually has a rest for an hour or two then I help her get washed & dressed. Today though she spent the rest of the day until 2-2.30ish in…

• September 10th 2011 (pt 1)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Rang the St Michaels hospice helpline this morning didn'y go well.I was trying to arrange for someone to come to the bungalow & give Mo a wash,probably hasnt had a 'proper' wash in a week,she tries but its hard.Hopefully they could wash her hair also as i was worried about doing it myself because of the biopsy scarring.The person i spoke to,whether it was intentional or not,said something along the lines about the service…