The mysteries of Mo

• September 15th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Feeling a bit down today Mo's not responding as well as I would like/hope to the increase in meds,shes still so tired & not engaging too well in conversation. Our neighbours came round today for a cup of tea,Mo managed to get up and sit in the front room while they were here. Sue & I tried to talk to Mo and hold a conversation with her but it was just yes/no replies she found it hard to construct a sentence herself. You…

• September 14th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Met our Macmillan  nurse today,Katy Bontoft for the first time not what I expected,she wasn't wearing the green uniform.It made a pleasant change to see her in 'normal' everyday clothes its easier to relate to,seen enough uniforms in the last week or so!.A very nice lady and to be honest quite relieved to see her finally,seems an age since a Macmillan nurse was mentioned but it was only on Monday afternoon when the district…

• September 13th 2011 (pt2)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Social Services contacted me today coming Friday afternoon to assess (there's that bloody word again!)us to see what they could offer.They also mentioned about a financial assessment to see what we could pay towards Mo's care,totally threw me I wasn't expecting that at all.I only want a carer to come in as & when to help Mo with her personal hygiene as it was very important to her before the cancer and its one less thing…

• September 13th 2011 (pt1)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The district nurse paid us a visit yesterday to assess what Mo and I needed.Assessments!Assessments! getting sick to death of them...Now! I know they are a good thing but its always the same questions that are asked over and over,needs must I guess.The district nurse was very helpful telling us what was available,the symptom management clinic,regular house calls by the nursing staff,day therapy at the hospice,Care for…

• September 12th 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mo and I went to see Oncologist today didn't go too well,what happened You ask.Well initially I gave Mo her morning meds as per,because she couldn't rest after she was very tired.The tiredness continued all day,took an age to get her dressed this morning to.Unfortunately Mo was continually dropping off to sleep,on the way to the hospital,in the waiting room,in the appointment with the registrar & also after the appointment…