September 10th 2011 (pt 1)

Less than one minute read time.

Rang the St Michaels hospice helpline this morning didn'y go well.I was trying to arrange for someone to come to the bungalow & give Mo a wash,probably hasnt had a 'proper' wash in a week,she tries but its hard.Hopefully they could wash her hair also as i was worried about doing it myself because of the biopsy scarring.The person i spoke to,whether it was intentional or not,said something along the lines about the service only being available to 'end of life' patients.You have to be aware,Mo was only assessed yesterday by another nurse so info about her illness/condition may not of filtered down yet to the relevant people.Surely an inoperable,incurable cancer of the brain counts as 'end of life'!! Anyway the long & the short of it is someones coming around tomorrow to give Mo a wash and wash her hair and i sent of an e-mail to St Michaels Hospice 'airing my concerns' or in plain english 'angry'!.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi bjay,

Well done. Its a good job someone is looking ouy for Mo.

I would love tohave read the email. Look after yourself.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You would think that someone working in a hospice would be a bit more considerate, but then people never cease to amaze me.

I hope Mo manages to get the help required. After all you would think that assistance to wash would be readily available.

Hope you get a favourable response from your complaint.

Christine xx