September 11th 2011 (pt2)

Less than one minute read time.

We had two nurses from the 'Hospice at home'service come to visit today.I wanted them to come because I was worried about Mo's personal hygiene.I'm not saying she was dirty lol I just wasn't too sure that when she had a wash in the morning if Mo was doing a proper job.If you knew Mo before,you would of known she was very particular about her cleanliness,her hair & what she wore during the day.The nurses spoke to me when they got here as mo was resting to get the lowdown but they did have her referral papers/notes so I didn't need to tell them a lot.Afterwards they spoke to Mo unfortunately she got very upset as did I which made her worse so I had to excuse myself and went into the lounge.They eventually calmed her down and managed to get her washed 'properly' & dressed.The nurses were going to wash her hair too but it was to much for Mo so they didn't.Even though the initial contact with Hospice at Home didn't go well I couldn't find any fault with them today.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hope you and Mo have a better night.

Take care

daisy x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

It is so difficult to care for someone and watch them struggle, you are doing your best and no one can do more than that. I hope you get as much help as possible and the more Mo gets used to others around it may help you both. You have to take care of you too, this is all so hard, thinking of you both, love leisha xx