September 10th 2011 (pt 3)

1 minute read time.

Unfortunately Mo wasn't the only person to have a bad day today,I did. Needed some shopping today so I went to my local supermarket, Morrisons to get what I wanted, wont bother you with the details,just 'bits'. This was the first time since Mo's diagnosis I had been to the supermarket, I have been using my local shop only 5 minutes up the road,by car, how lazy lol. I got to Morrisons but as soon as I had walked through the entrance the feeling of depression and sadness descended like a black cloud over me. I felt miserable.angry and upset recalling happier times when I went shopping with Mo,shoppings not everyones cup of tea, but it was ours. Just walking around with our trolley,deciding between us what we were going to have to eat in the coming weeks,each of us sneaking stuff into the trolley hoping the other didnt notice lol,but she wasnt there today. The tears just came, God knows how i managed to do the shopping let alone go through the checkout it was horrible! This continued on & off all the way home while I was driving the car. Arrived at home with the shopping had to take 5 minutes to get myself together,didnt want Paul to know as he was sitting Mo. So unfortunately Mo & Paul werent the only ones who had a 'bad day' an emotional 'hat-trick'.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi bjay

Sorry to hear it has not been a good day. It is the 'normal' things that can hit you.

Take care

Love and hugs for you and Mo

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi bjay

I can so relate to your experience and have lost count of the number of times I walked around Sainsbury's wishing John was by my side and chucking things into the trolley willy nilly.  Our freezer was always overflowing as he loved to food shop.

My heart goes out to you.

Love and big hugs to you both.

Madge x x x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Aw, I really feel for you.

Even now, nearly 18 months since I lost my dad I find myself welling up in the supermarket when something catches my eye that I think dad might like and then I remember he's not here. It really is horrible.

Unfortunately I don't have any words of wisdom, but will just say that you know we are all here for you with any support we can give.

I'm thinking of you and Mo.

Christine xx