September 12th 2011

1 minute read time.

Mo and I went to see Oncologist today didn't go too well,what happened You ask.Well initially I gave Mo her morning meds as per,because she couldn't rest after she was very tired.The tiredness continued all day,took an age to get her dressed this morning to.Unfortunately Mo was continually dropping off to sleep,on the way to the hospital,in the waiting room,in the appointment with the registrar & also after the appointment on the way home.She struggled to walk from the car into the bungalow and i was so glad to get her in bed..eventually.During the appointment the registrar noticed how tired Mo was & how difficult she was finding it to interact and her unawarewness of what was going on,because she was so tired.The registrar decided radiotherapy was not an option at present until her symptoms were under control,the continual pain in her head and the severe tiredness,bummer!!!She said that radiotherapy would only make her worse (excessive tiredness & nausea) and she could go downhill,ideally they would like Mo's mobility to increase more than it is at the moment & the tiredness and lethargy to vastly improve.The registrar has increased the steroid dosage back to as it was when she left Hurstwood park & changed her painkillers to voltarol(diclofenac)50mg plus paracetamol as and when required.She will contact Hospice @ Home as ask them to visit Mo & myself at home and review meds as neccessary and arrange a further appointment with the Oncologist when & only when Mo's symptoms respond to the increase and the change in medication and she improves...hopefully!

Anonymous