Such a long journey and it's not over yet.

• Wedding Anniversary

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today is my wedding anniversary my husband has always been my rock and it is a fact that throughout our 12 years of marriage has been my side helping me deal with all mums operations and chemo for bowel cancer. But it has never been harder than it is right now. He has stood by me morally and financially whilst I followed my dreams to university to do my nursing training. Hopefully I can pay him back in so many ways when…

• Mmmm future life choices......

FormerMember
    FormerMember

.........The time has come at this stage in training to think about applying for jobs. One good thing is that I have an interview to do bank healthcare work at the hospital so can get some money coming in. This is a huge thing because somehow and it no-one else's fault but my own I find myself approaching the grand age of 40 and I have never had a driving lesson!

Ok so there are so many variables, the major one…

• Much as we expected...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

...... well Mr Gastro was charm personified yesterday according to my mum and sister, maybe it's just me that rubs him up the wrong way!! He had a good chat about symptoms and gave her a good examination. The conclusion  was as we expected (although to be honest mum did not admit this until after the event) that it is progression of the disease causing her symptoms but not anything he can relieve. He sent her for bloods…

• Today's the day....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

....... Mum sees Mr Gastro man today we have had had our ups and downs! Down's including when she was an emergency admission after her first biliary stent was put in and she was bleeding as it was too big. It was Friday and he told her after he had re-done it how 'lucky' she was he was able to take her theatre so she didn't have to wait till Tuesday, LUCKY, she had just spent 4 hrs in ED and had 2 litres of blood and…

• Thank you...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you for your kind comments the other day. Things have settled a bit but this is going to be a long haul to resolve. Mum had a calmer day yesterday and is doing her best to support her sister who is in the thick of it. She said to me on Friday she was more angry that her sister had tried to protect her and not come to her because of her 'bloody disease'. We are off to see Mr Gastro man on Tuesday to see if he feels…