Smashing The Stragglers...

• Latest check Up

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Just back from latest monthly check up and after a good chat now need to go for another ultrasound precautionary check for a lump in my neck. I am hoping that it is just scar tissue from my operation but naturally am worried it could be something more sinister. Just at the time when I was starting to see some improvements, eating more, off pain relief and anti sickness meds. The consultant didn't seem too alarmed so…
  • Sad Sleepless Nights

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Some 5 months on from completion of radiotherapy I have made much progress. Finally weaned off pain relief and anti sickness meds, now just gargling salt water and aspirin constantly and on antacids. The major problem I have is that of a dry mouth due to saliva glands being destroyed during RT and this is stopping me from sleeping. I have tried temazapan to no avail. I manage 20 min bursts of sleep at best and then…
  • Up and at 'em

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    With pain relief now halved I decided today was the day I did some extra physical exercise. Just been out for a short run with the dog, to say I am out of shape is an understatement. Six months of doing absolutely nothing has taken its toll and my lungs were screaming after just three minutes. Decided I needed to take it easy and just did some light exercises , press ups and sit ups, even they were hard work. Back…
  • Stragglers Smashed

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Finally got scan results earlier this week which showed no signs of cancer, this, followed by a visual checkup from my oncologist gives me the all clear for now (although no guarantees that cancer will not come back) which is a great relief and now allows me to continue with my recovery. The oral thrush however is refusing to shift and swabs have been taken to see if an alternative form of medication can get rid of it…
  • Still Waiting

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Apologies for not blogging for some time I have been busy focussing my efforts on getting better and this seems to be working albeit slowly. Blood test results received today were very positive allowing me to reduce one of the medications I take and I am now waiting for the next milestone which will be obtaining the results of my full body scan which I had last Thursday. My next consultation in on 22 April, but I am…