sammieo's blog

• i'm doing okay

FormerMember
    FormerMember

i've been feeling a bit wierd the past few months , i think in a good way . physically been feeling like crap , lots of stuff i know was on my tick list when i had my last onc visit, that i have just pushed aside because ...i really don't want to do it anymore . i'm so confused what aches and pains do i put down to radio damage and which is alarm bells ? i just don't know and i'm just too busy being a mum , being a girlfriend…

• all clear on the western front .

FormerMember
    FormerMember

i had a follow up appointment on monday ..much feared for a while now . And dear god do i feel like a numpty ! i had my radiotherapy last year commencing 12th dec and i had my last consultant app a week before that . at that last appointment i was told it was all looking good after the scans and that by the skin of my teeth it had been successful without having to use chemo this time . i was also told there was a small…

• just an update

FormerMember
    FormerMember

hello all ...hoping you had a good xmas and new year .i havn't blogged for a while but then i've been trying to put it all to the back of my mind ..like a bad dream , but it never does go too far does it . my last block of radiotherapy was 5 weeks ago and my last mri was 6 weeks ago , by all signs its looking good . the radio has done a brill job of shrinking the tumour right back and there is only a small bit left which…

• what a week

FormerMember
    FormerMember

we'll where do i start ...i know monday . i had chemo ( cisplatin) which went well actually 6 hours not the expected 7 1/2 and the radio which was quick and easy . the i took the hour trip home with my boys scoffing fish and chips in the back seat ! my other half saying very kindly ' i tryed to keep your sam fritter warm' ..bless .i passed on the spam fritter but i don't think it mattered either way ,as soon as i touched…

• putting one foot in front of the other

FormerMember
    FormerMember

i've had a bad week , health wise. on monday i had the gp out to discuss problems i had with the hospital and she also put me on new slow release pain killers ( oxycontin ).the problems  i had with the hospital are

1 why have they delayed treatment until mid october , this would be 11 weeks from diagnosis

2 how on earth can they expect me to sit in a chair , even a recliner, for 7 1/2 hours for chemo once a week…