My mum has extensive sclc

• January 7th 2010 - District nurse made it!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

School still closed, roads still trecherous but mums district nurse put on her wellies and trekked in to us from the main road to take mums bloods.  She also had a look at mums head and said she hadn't seen it before.  She said maybe it was the chemo that's causing it so we'll ask tomorrow but, personally, I don't think so.  I still think it's more likely to be her wig that is irritating her head or sweating…

• January 6th 2010 - Still snowed in!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I got a text this morning at 6.15am saying school would be closed for the second day because of the snow.  There was no way I could have got my car out of the street anyway so it was just as well.  Mum is getting very used to me being at home to keep her company and I know when we do re-open she will be a bit down at being on her own BUT needs must!  We are definitely not open again tomorrow but are hoping to get the car…

• January 5th 2010 - A blizzard!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum and I have had a quiet day.  School was closed as a result of the snow and at the moment we are, more or less, snowed in.  Mum is a bit worried that if this weather continues over the next few days she won't be able to get to the hospital to have her chemo.  I'm hoping that's not the case as she should have had it on New Years day so it is already a week later than planned and I don't really want it to be held up…

• January 4th 2009 - Smoking cessation nurse!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

To let you understand, if you've not read my earlier posts, my mum and I are quite heavy smokers.  I would say although we say 20 a day, 30 is probably more like it and, on a bad day, it could be approaching 40.  Anyway we decided we would attempt to give up.  A smoking cessation nurse came to see us and put us on a programme to cut down.  She told us not to beat ourselves up if we didn't manage and when she came back…

• January 3rd 2010 - Back to work tomorrow!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum had a couple of bad sweats in the night and also some coughing.  Checked her temp and it's fine.  She feels fine and we still think the coughing may be down to her reducing her smoking considerably.  She'll mention it to the district nurse when she comes on Thursday to take her bloods before chemo on Friday.  The sweats is an ongoing thing so if anyone has suffered from them and has any ideas on how to get rid…