January 7th 2010 - District nurse made it!

1 minute read time.

School still closed, roads still trecherous but mums district nurse put on her wellies and trekked in to us from the main road to take mums bloods.  She also had a look at mums head and said she hadn't seen it before.  She said maybe it was the chemo that's causing it so we'll ask tomorrow but, personally, I don't think so.  I still think it's more likely to be her wig that is irritating her head or sweating it causing these spots.  A number of the spots have yellow heads but she said there's no sign of infection and no need to get an antibiotic.  She also said if we were still concerned to see the GP, so if we get no joy at the chemo ward in terms of explanation and possible treatment that's what we'll do.

My school is closed again tomorrow.  They got a snow plough to clear the car park but the problem is that the street the school is on is solid ice and there are abandoned cars all over it.  So not safe to get there.  The hospital isn't far from the school so I'm quite concerned about getting there but I phoned the hospital and they've said the main road in is ok as long as you're careful, so we'll have to just give it a go.

Mum is good again today.  The usual tiredness but that's all.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

More snow forecast with plummeting temperatures.  Also Blackburn Council has run out of grit so mum very agitated that we won't get to the hospital tomorrow.  Hopefully we'll make it.  I don't think we'll make it into Manchester for the theatre.  I wouldn't relax in case we had problems getting home so late at night.  Not worth the risk but very costly decision as the tickets were £45 each.  Better safe than sorry!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hope you and your mum make it in tomorrow,

this snow is getting to be a bit of a pain isn't it.I was meant to take my grandson and his friend on a steam train santa special the sunday before Christmas,tickets cost £25 each, but couldn't get out of the village with all tyhe snow and ice!

Good thing there's more to life than money lol

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

That's a shame Celiswan, if you cant go

would you be able to pass the tickets on

to someone, or if you explained to the

ticket office they might give you your

money back, even half would be better

than nothing. I know there's more to life

than money, but it is quite a lot of money.. Still the weather might take a

turn, but as you say its very icy, people

are having bad accidents from falling over.

Love Lucy Lee. xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lucy Lee.  The theatres never refund or even transfer to another show so there's no chance of that.  The trip is with church and so if we decide not to go and the trip is still able to go ahead we will give the tickets to someone else.  I'd rather give them away than just waste them.