My mum has extensive sclc

• January 2nd 2010 - A couple of coughing spasms!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum was up a couple of times during the night with a bout of coughing.  She took some oramorph and that does calm it but it's worrying as the cough had been practically non-existent until boxing night.  It only seems to happen when she is in bed and I'm hoping it may be to do with her really cutting down on her smoking. 

We had hoped to have stopped completely by now but are trying not to beat ourselves up about…

• January 1st 2010 - A quiet day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

We brought in the New Year with our adopted family Gillian and Paul, their two kids youngest Kieran (almost 17) and Charlotte (14) and their youngest grandchild Freya (4 going on 44!), my youngest godchild.

We all wished each other a happy 2010 and I'm pleased to say there were no tears just lots of smiles.  Freya danced to all the music on the telly an was full of beans when they went back home (next door) just after…

• December 31st 2009 - Good news!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum went for her chest x-ray this morning and then we saw the oncologist.  I was very nervous although I was aware that mum seems better and says she feels quite well.  We went into the room and then Dr Mehta and Christine, mums CNS, came in with big smiles on their faces.  Dr Mehta asked how mum had been feeling, how was her breathing etc.  She then explained about the back pain she's been having but confirmed that she has…

• December 30th 2009 - Don't stop chatting!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Before I get on to th title of this latest blog let me tell you how my mum is today.  She is having another good day although she is having a lot of lower back pain.  This is something she had before her cancer but she says it seems worse.  It may be that just because she feels better she is doing more and so the pain has reared it's ugly head.  It seems to be bending up and down that does it and, as I've explained, dragging…

• December 29th 2009 - We've had a lovely day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

After breakfast this morning we set off to Boundary Mill to do some serious shopping!  Mum was in good spirits and didn't want to use the wheelchair.  Just as well as the store wa absolutely heaving an it was difficult enough walking around, a wheelchair would have made it impossible. 

We were looking for a new continental quilt for my mums bed and she got one at less than half price so she was very happy.  She's also…