January 5th 2010 - A blizzard!

Less than one minute read time.

Mum and I have had a quiet day.  School was closed as a result of the snow and at the moment we are, more or less, snowed in.  Mum is a bit worried that if this weather continues over the next few days she won't be able to get to the hospital to have her chemo.  I'm hoping that's not the case as she should have had it on New Years day so it is already a week later than planned and I don't really want it to be held up even longer.  She also needs a prescription so if my school is closed again tomorrow, and I can't get the car out, I'll have to walk to the health centre and back.  I think that's probably what'll happen as I can't see the snow clearing overnight.

Mum is still feeling quite well although she said she was feeling a bit flat today.  She wasn't sure why although I suspect it's the aftermath of the smoking cessation nurse!  Mum hasn't done quite so well with cutting down the cigs today but, having said that, has only had 6 or 7 so still really good considering.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good that your Mum has managed to cut down. Rome wasn't built in a day as the saying goes. She's doing well.

Hope you manage to get out tomorrow.

Love Alison.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sounds like your mum is doing really well.. I tried to stop as soon as i found out about dad (nearly 2 weeks ago) but it is so hard. I cant stop completely so i am going to see my gp on monday. I have to stop and make my dad proud. What i'm trying to say is your mom will do it she has the best incentive ever. I just think well with me anyway i have chosen the most stressful , upsetting time in my life ever to quit the one thing that is for me, that calms me down, keeps me sain.. (all in my head i know) but hey this time nnext week i'll be a non smoker! Glad your mom is doing well though chick. Take Care. x