January 3rd 2010 - Back to work tomorrow!

1 minute read time.

Mum had a couple of bad sweats in the night and also some coughing.  Checked her temp and it's fine.  She feels fine and we still think the coughing may be down to her reducing her smoking considerably.  She'll mention it to the district nurse when she comes on Thursday to take her bloods before chemo on Friday.  The sweats is an ongoing thing so if anyone has suffered from them and has any ideas on how to get rid of them let me know.  3 nighties last night as two were soaking!  We know this is a symptom of lung cancer and she's actually had it for at least 18 months but sometimes it's worse than others.  She has just got a new quilt and I'm wondering if it's too warm.  We've turned the radiator of in her room so that it's always cool to see if that helps.

I'm off back to work tomorrow and she has already said she doesn't know what she'll do with herself when I'm not here but she'll be fine.  She's just got used to me being here for the past two weeks.  We've had a nice relaxing day and I'm not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow!!!!!

Anonymous