My mum has extensive sclc

• January 27th 2010 - Oncologist tomorrow!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum has her next appointment with Dr Mehta tomorrow morning and then we'll nip up to the chemo ward for mum to have her bloods done before her chemo on Friday.  I think Dr Mehta will be quite pleased with how she's doing although he told her not to bother having an X-ray, like she normally has, this time so he won't really know whether there is any more shrinkage.  He said last time he was happy enough that…

• January 26th 2010 - More sad news!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I don't know if I've mentioned my friends son in law who was diagnosed early last year with cancer and had been having a really bad time.  Anyway when my friend told her daughter, his wife, about my mums diagnosis in November she took time to write to me.   I have never met Andrea, Andy or their children but she took the time to write to me when she was having such an awful time herself.  It was her who told me to…

• January 25th 2010 - A good day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This will be short and sweet.  I got up for work and although I was still really tired I got through the day and had a nap when I got home.  Feel ok at the moment.  Mum has had another good day where she has felt well.  I just get used to her being like this and it's time for the next chemo (Friday - chemo 4).  We've got a wedding on Saturday as my friends ( who's dad has just been diagnosed with primary lung, secondary…

• January 24th 2010 - A nice relaxing day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum and I have mostly chilled out today.  We did a wee bit of shopping and I did a wee bit of ironing, dusting and hoovering but other than that we've done nothing!  I feel a bit brighter today and mum is in good form. 

We've chatted about the possibility of us going down to London at half term to take in a couple of shows, very expensive but something that we both love and that doesn't take too much out of mum.…

• January 23rd 2010 - A strange day!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum slept until 11.30am this morning.  I was up by 9am did two loads of washing and sorted out some travel insurance for my aunt and uncle who are going to Arizona in March for a month. 

I had agreed months ago to film, edit and produce a DVD of a pantomime at a local theatre and today was the day.  I hate pantomimes and after the way I've been feeling it was the last thing I wanted to do but a promise is a promise.…