January 23rd 2010 - A strange day!

1 minute read time.

Mum slept until 11.30am this morning.  I was up by 9am did two loads of washing and sorted out some travel insurance for my aunt and uncle who are going to Arizona in March for a month. 

I had agreed months ago to film, edit and produce a DVD of a pantomime at a local theatre and today was the day.  I hate pantomimes and after the way I've been feeling it was the last thing I wanted to do but a promise is a promise.  I set off around 12.30pm, leaving mum to her own devices for the longest period of time since her diagnosis.  I filmed the matinee and returned home at 5.15pm to sort out some tea.  By 6.15pm I was back out for the evening performance and I got back around 10.30pm.

When I got home my mum was absolutely exhausted.  She usually goes up to bed for a sleep during the day but for some reason today did not return to bed at all.  When I asked her why she hadn't gone back for a sleep at some point she said she was a bit lonely.  She seemed quite down when I got home and I know she's probably had too much time to think whilst I've been out.  I now feel awful that I left her for so long.  Not to worry though it was a one off and she'll hopefully get a good rest tomorrow.  I'm intending to take it easy as well tomorrow so that I'm fit for work on Monday.  I'm absolutely shattered now and just hope I can sleep. 

Anonymous