January 27th 2010 - Oncologist tomorrow!

1 minute read time.

Mum has her next appointment with Dr Mehta tomorrow morning and then we'll nip up to the chemo ward for mum to have her bloods done before her chemo on Friday.  I think Dr Mehta will be quite pleased with how she's doing although he told her not to bother having an X-ray, like she normally has, this time so he won't really know whether there is any more shrinkage.  He said last time he was happy enough that the treatment was working and, therefore, there was no need to have another x-ray.  So I would think it'll just be a general chat to ask how she feels she is. 

I'm dreading her having her chemo on Friday because she has been so well for almost 2 weeks and I know she will not be well by Saturday evening and that she'll be low for about 10 days.  I just hope she feels well enough to enjoy the wedding on Saturday.

I am also on a mission hen I am at the hospital tomorrow.  My friends son Kieran is hoping to study medicine when he finishes his A levels and has been told he needs to gain some work experience so he wants me to find out if he could do any voluntary work at the hospital.  Anyone know anything about this?  Is it possible?  I'll ask anyway, nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hope the appointment went well. Try not to dread the chemo, even though your Mum will have some not-so-good days afterwards - if it's shrinking the tumour that's a positive thing.

Hope you both have a good time at the wedding. XX