My mum has extensive sclc

• Saturday April 10th - Terrified about mum and I still smoking!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Some of you may remember that mum and I made an effort to stop smoking when mum was first diagnosed.  Actually we did quite well at first cutting right down to 3 a day. Then, for one reason or another (not going to make excuses) we reverted back to our 20 plus a day habit.

When mum was told she was NED on Thursday I said again that we really should give up as it was madness, given the circumstances, for either of us to…

• Friday April 9th - Feeling a bit flat, what's that about?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

After being so buoyed up yesterday with mums good news both of us have been a bit flat today.  I don't know how to explain it.  I suppose it's the reality that there is no guarantee that NED today will be NED tomorrow.  Does that make any sense?  People have been saying to mum isn't it wonderful that it has gone, and of course it is, but we know it's not gone for good and it's hard not to worry about when, and where…

• Thursday April 8th - NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

We've just seen the oncologist and as some of you will know mums nurse had given us a heads up on the scan result and we knew it was good.  What an understatement!  Dr Mehta came into the room and said to mum "How are you?'  She gave her usual answer 'I'm fine' and he said 'I'm sure you are your scan results are great.  There is no evidence of disease!'  Mum and I were absolutely gobsmacked…

• April 4th 2010 - Mum is starting to pick up!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

As I hoped mum started to pick up on Friday and we even had a couple of hours at Boundary Mill which she really enjoyed.  On Saturday and today she slept until almost 12pm!  I know this is because she is relaxed knowing I'm in the house.  She still seems to have a bit of a fear of staying in bed when I'm not at home.  She has not had to go back to bed today for a nap which is a good sign and she is now sitting watching…

• March 28th - Mum has had her final chemo (for now anyway). Hooray!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum had her final chemo this weekend.  Started on Friday and finished this morning.  She wasn't feeling too good on Friday when we came back from hospital and felt much the same on Saturday.  She couldn't put her finger on what was wrong said she just felt 'out of sorts'.  Today she has been a bit better and we went out to Ossie Mills to get her some material for a cushion cover she needs!!  She's not slept…